I once asked my good friend and mentor how someone so insignificant and so small, like me, could make big, powerful changes in the world.
“I’m just one person,” I cried.
He smiled. “Then use your person to do Good.”
I spent quite a bit of time thinking about how I could do Good. I finally decided to use all of my skills, my privilege, and my energy to promote Good in the world. To help people find peace within themselves and to support organizations that bring peace to the world.
So imagine my excitement when I heard that you’re hiring. It’s like we were made for each other.
🔨 What I’d do 🔨
You want someone that can promote your expertise as a digital marketing agency for charities.
And I am a digital marketer for Good, with a capital G.
In all cases of digital marketing, I want to accomplish 3 things:
- demonstrate competence and expertise
- provide value for free
- establish meaningful connections
Basically anybody with a good wifi connection can call themselves a marketer these days.
But you aren’t anybody and the charities you want to help need to know that.
To demonstrate your expertise, I would:
- restyle your homepage to include beautiful case study cards right up front
- restyle your case studies to mimic the type of creative marketing you can provide by including beautiful graphics, fun GIFs, and impressive data visualization
- highlight your success stories in your weekly newsletter
- launch a PR campaign to highlight your existing clients, the good work that they do, and how you helped them get there
Everyone in marketing knows that you need to offer something for free before charging a single dollar (aka pound).
You’re already doing some of this on your blog.
But there is a lot more value that you could provide and this is where I’d start:
- offering complete guides for every aspect of the digital marketing journey
- online tutorials, webinars, and live lessons to charity teams with no marketing experience
- offer free consultation to new charities
- use all digital assets as a lead magnet, collecting emails before providing free guides or training
- set up an email sequence that is too damn good to unsubscribe from
Being connected and immersed with the community shows that you are walking the walk and talking the talk.
And you’re already doing the money walk, beautifully. (please hire me already so that I can donate $1k to a charity 😭)
To connect further, I’d recommend:
- joining community events or even hosting your own, when the world opens up again
- hosting virtual events and charities of your own
- hiring human rights and environmental consultants to train the team on the latest events and laws that affect our world
- using social media to provide a behind-the-scenes looks of the charities and missions that you support
👩💻 Why hire me? 👩💻
I have been volunteering my time to charities since I was a child. I recently lived in South America for a few years, totally immersed in the culture and using my resources to uplift those around me.
And when I got back to the States, I volunteered some more with the International Rescue Committee to help refugees settle in California.
(don’t worry, I left the US almost 2 years ago because, well, you’ve seen the news)
Now, I’m actively seeking clients who can help me make this my life’s mission.
oh, and I’m also an experienced SEO
Some of the work I’m most proud of includes:
- increased organic traffic by 320% in just 7 months
- 6,324 new keywords in the top 10 positions within 7 months
- increased organic traffic by 500%
- organic search traffic is responsible for 30% of all conversions, followed only by referrals and existing customers
- increased organic traffic by 930%
- 20+ highly relevant linking domains per month
- content consistently ranks on the first page of google for most search terms that we target
I have experience with:
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- PR outreach tools, like JustReachOut
- Google Docs
- Writing web copy
- Writing email copy
- Writing social media content
- Planning content
- Analyzing and improving existing content strategy
- creating detailed reports that show exactly where we’ve grown and how to improve
- I’m a Google Sheets formula qween 👑
Whaddya say? Will you hire me so that I can help you help others? 🥺